Why join the Edmonds Music Teachers Association?
- Participate in chapter meetings, events, and workshops
- Engage with music professionals at educational conferences at a local, state, and national level
- Become a nationally certified teacher
- Network and build relationships with other teachers in your local area
- Give your students access to local, state, and national music festivals, recitals, competitions, music scholarships, and high school credit programs. Find information about EMTA upcoming events here.
- Apply for grant opportunities through the MTNA Foundation
- Advertise for students through the EMTA “Find a Teacher” portion of the website
- Help EMTA build a strong local music community
- EMTA is affiliated with the Washington State Music Teacher Association and the Music Teacher National Association. This means that as a member of EMTA, you are also a member of the WSMTA and the MTNA and can participate in their programs and discounts.
- MTNA provides members access to health insurance through eHealth.
The Washington State Music Teachers Association (WSMTA) was organized in 1915 and is affiliated with the Music Teachers National Association (MTNA). WSMTA was incorporated in 1974 with the IRS status of 501(c)(3).
WSMTA has a membership of nearly 1,100 members which includes independent teachers in private studios and collegiate teachers in the university setting. The association is dedicated to enriching the lives of nearly 28,000 young musicians and regularly offers educational and performance opportunities for teachers, students, and the public. WSMTA offers the following statewide programs that have been specifically designed to augment students’ study with a WSMTA teacher: Music Artistry Program, MTNA Composition Competition, MTNA Performance Competition, Outstanding Artist Competition, Young Composers Project, High School Credit, Music Literacy Program, Scholarships, and the Student Teacher Program.
Because of the solidarity inherent in the music-teaching profession, membership with MTNA is accompanied by invaluable privileges and advantages. For the lifetime of your career, it’s an investment in crucial musical commodities like continuing education, career development, peer recognition and networking programs—all designed specifically for you.
- Discounts and Resources—discounts on MTNA conferences and competitions, as well as office supplies, travel and much more!
- Educational Opportunities—featuring MTNA’s preeminent yearly national conference, with workshops and seminars on teaching (including group and recreational music-making), ethics, industry developments and more.
- Professional Development—MTNA’s popular monthly webinars cover a variety of topics of interest to music teachers, from studio resources to ornamentation to cybersecurity.
- Professional Support Services—recommendations and referrals for studio resources, insurance and legal consultation, enrichment grants for teacher study, merchant services and new technology resources.
- Exclusive Publications—MTNA keeps you up-to-date with current trends in the music industries with our two exclusive publications: