Registration Deadline: Tuesday, February 14th, 2023 (EMTA February Meeting
Competition Date: Saturday, March 11th, 2023
Competition Venue: Faith Lutheran Church, 8208 18th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98115
Result Announcement: Monday, March 13th, 2023
All students who participate in Piano Music Artistry Program (MAP) and perform two solo pieces from
memory at the MAP event are eligible to enter this competition.
The State Recital Competition is a competition to choose Chapter Representatives for the WSMTA State
Conference Honors Recital and Alternates for the District I Honors Recital. The State Conference Honors
Recital will be held at Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop, Washington on June 26, 27, and 28, 2023 and
the District I Honors Recital will be held at Hartley Mansion in Everett on April 29, 2023 at 2:00 pm. The
winners are also invited to perform at Edmonds Chapter’s Students Award Gala in June. Please mark
these dates on your calendar before entering this competition.
- Age: Entrants must be under 19 years of age by June 30 of MAP event year.
- The soloists will enter the competition with one piece performed from memory.
- A teacher may enter a student in only one chapter’s State Recital Competition.
- According to the state rule, each piece must fit into 5 minutes. Cuts are allowed.
- Only original music is allowed; no revised or arranged pieces.
- The order of performance will be determined by lottery at the EMTA February meeting.
- Music substitutions may be made up to one week before the competition.
- The performance piece needs not be one of the pieces performed in the Music Artistry Program.
However, the students who are selected at the State Recital Competition must perform their winning
pieces in the State Conference Honors Recital and District I Honors Recital.
- Please bring music to the competition, but do not put personal names.
- Students who win but failed to perform in the State/District Honors Recital will be asked not to enter
the competition the following year. (Exceptions; sudden illness, family emergency)
Entry Fee: $35.00 (Non-Refundable) Please make checks payable to EMTA.
If you have questions, please contact Mona Elsing email@example.com 213-618-2004.
One thought on “State Recital Competition (Piano)”