2022 VIRTUAL STATE RECITAL COMPETITION (Piano)
Registration Deadline: February 8, 2022 11:00 am (EMTA February meeting)
Video Submission Deadline: Saturday, March 12, 2022 5:00 pm
Result Announcement: Monday, March 21st, 2022
All students who participate in Piano Music Artistry Program (MAP) and perform two solo pieces from memory are eligible to enter this competition.
The State Recital Competition is a competition to choose Chapter Representatives for the WSMTA State Conference Honors Recital and Alternates for the District I Honors Recital. The State Conference Honors Recital will be held at Lower Columbia College in Longview, WA on June 23, 24, and 25, 2022 and the District I Honors Recital will be held at Hartley Mansion in Everett on April 30, 2022 at 2:00 pm. The winners are also invited to perform at Edmonds Chapter’s Students Award Gala in June. Please mark these dates on your calendar before entering this competition.
• Age: Entrants must be under 19 years of age by June 30 of MAP event year.
• The soloists must perform both pieces from memory.
• A teacher may enter a student in only one chapter’s State Recital Competition.
• Each student will perform two memorized pieces from different musical periods.
• According to the state rule, each piece must fit into 5 minutes. Cuts are allowed.
• Only original music is allowed; no revised or arranged pieces.
• The order of performance will be determined by lottery at the EMTA February meeting.
• Music substitutions may be made up to one week before the competition.
• The performance pieces need not be the same as the piece performed in the Music Artistry Program.
However, the piece that is selected at the State Recital Competition is to be played in the State
Conference Honors Recital and District I Honors Recital.
• Please bring music to the competition, but do not put personal names.
• Students who win but failed to perform in the State/District Honors Recital will be asked not to enter
the competition the following year. (Exceptions; sudden illness, family emergency)
Entry Fee: $35.00 (Non-Refundable) Please make checks payable to EMTA.
If you have questions, please contact EMTA member and State Recital Competition Organizer, Mona Elsing at email@example.com